Sunday, January 6, 2013

On The Proust Questionnaire (Illustrated by My Instagram Photos).

Sometimes, I am in a particularly comedy-nerd-ish mood, and I end up reading Louis CK interviews at 3 a.m. That's how I learned about the Proust Questionnaire. (Am I late on that?) Vanity Fair does a series where they have celebrities fill out a modified version of the questionnaire. (So does Inside the Actor's Studio.) Louis CK's answers are hilarious, but he also seems genuinely pissed off about how personal the questions are:
What is your greatest fear?                                                                                            You think I’m going to tell you that? You think I’m going to let you print my greatest fear in a national magazine? No sir. I will not, sir.
I think Louis CK is right--if I were as famous as he is, I wouldn't necessarily want my answers in a national magazine-- but, at the same time, I've written pretty personal stuff on the internet. The other day, a friend asked me why/how I wrote about such personal things on this blog. So, here are my (un-funny, all true) answers to the Vanity Fair version of the Proust Questionnaire. 


What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Watching The Last Waltz, any time--but especially in the afternoon. Cleaning my room, with the window open, while listening to The Kinks. The first time any of my nieces and nephews really recognized me as somebody they knew/loved. My sports team winning. Kisses while laughing. When the episode before the finale ends, and all you have to do is click "Next" on your DVD remote to see the finale.  Walking and talking with friends while a little bit drunk. Re-reading something I wrote earlier and it being good.


Instagram of The Last Waltz in the afternoon.

What is your greatest fear?
Dying in a plane crash.

Which living person do you most admire?
My parents, for different reasons, but also for creating my brother who is like a smarter, funnier, wittier, more attractive version of me. The world is lucky to have him, even though he's a real jerk sometimes. 


Instagram of my baby brother and me.
What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
My utter selfishness. 

What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
Of the "Seven," chastity (for obvious reasons, its the 21st Century) and kindness. Because kindness is relatively easy to fake. Also kindness, for the most part, usually means boring.

What do you dislike most about your appearance?
My thighs or my nose. But really, I try not to focus on those. My hair and my butt are great. That's what I focus on.


Instagram of my self-esteem.
What or who is the greatest love of your life?
I'm 22, so I don't think this question is fair. I've only been in love once, and it was pretty great. But, if I get to answer one question non-seriously, I'll answer with Torii Hunter. I was obsessed with him during high school when I was severely depressed and introverted, and his smile is so pretty.

When and where were you happiest?
Ever? I don't know. Isn't that a boring answer? Recently? When my father picked me up at the train station after a 22 hour train ride and he hugged me. Then we stopped by my sister's house and when we opened the door I heard Sophie, 3-years old, say, "Is that Auntie Sha-sha?" Then I got in her bed and we cuddled and read a book. Also, watching the second episode of series eight of Peep Show, "Business Secrets of the Pharaohs." Its one of the funniest episodes of television I've seen in a while, and the Hamlet joke is absolutely beautiful. 
Instagram after getting off the train in CT.
Which talent would you most like to have?
I wish I were crafty. Not arts and crafty, but I wish I had an eye for interior design and DIY.

What is your current state of mind?
I drank coffee all day and now I've had one beer. 

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I wouldn't have depression or anxiety. 

If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be?
I wish that sickness, death and financial problems would bring them together instead of keeping them apart. I wish people could get over their petty bullshit.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Graduating from college with Honors and a 3.6 after almost not graduating from high school.
Instagram of my parents and me after I walked in May.
If you could choose what to come back as, what would it be?
A human being. Like myself, but richer and better at everything I like doing now. 

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Honestly, Gollum.


What is the quality you most like in a man?
Stability and/or height. And at the risk of sounding like my hero, Ke$ha, a beard.

What is the quality you most like in a woman?
I don't know how to answer that question--because I really admire women who are confident, but I wouldn't necessarily want to be friends with them, because I'm sort of jealous.

What do you most value in your friends?
Friends have to be funny and interesting. Interesting here means at least as fucked up as me, so we can trade fucked up stories and not be too embarrassed. Also, good friends call me on my shit.


Instagram of a little drawing by Joy Belamarich, of her and me. 
Who are your favorite writers?
All-time favorite TV writer = Armando Iannucci; poet = Lucille Clifton. 

Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
I just finished watching Return of the King earlier today. So, Aragorn, obviously. Also, I'm currently reading Raymond Chandler's The Big Sleep and Private Eye Philip Marlowe seems pretty absurdly heroic, thus far.


Instagram of my newfound life as a LOTR fan.
Who are your heroes in real life?
My first heroes were probably the UConn women's basketball team, circa 1995. My big sister Lynn has also always been one of my heroes. She is funny, smart, compassionate, and has raised four wonderful kids (age 2-12) , all while working the overnight shift at her job. That's insane to me. I could never do that.

What is it that you most dislike?
Too many things are tied for first place. However, more than anything, I dislike waking up early. 

How would you like to die?
Nope, can't answer this.

What is your motto?
Even I am not self-obsessed enough to have a motto. 
Instagram of, just kidding, I have been self-obsessed since birth.
(But, even then, no motto.)
Also, I reccommend you check out Vanity Fair 's online archive of their Proust Questionnaire. There are some really great ones. Way better than mine.



10 comments:

  1. I want to use this golden medium to appreciate Dr.Bola a great spell caster for helping me retrieving back my relationship with my ex boyfriend when he ended and turned back on me for quite a long time now.I embarked on a search online for a solution to my problem because i love him so much that i will not let anyone to take him out of my life,luckily for me i met dr Bola who performed a spell for me and within 48 hours after the spell had been cast I receive a text from my ex saying that he is sorry for the pains and tears that he had caused me and that he will not do such thing to me again in his life. I was surprised but later accepted him back again. Anyone that is in the same line of problem or different one that want to contact a spell caster should happily email him: drbolaspellcaster@hotmail.com or Call him through his mobile number +2348059723809,I am so happy Using this post to say a big thank you and to also encourage people to contact Dr.Bola for help his email:drbolaspellcaster@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Name is Debbie Gibson, i'm very grateful to this man Dr Ultimate Spell Caster for helping me bring back my husband’ after he abandoned me for six months with pains and tears in my heart. Before the breakup, he usually insult and see nothing good in me and any thing i do, i felt as if i was cursed. my friends advised me to let go but i couldn’t because of the love i have for him. So i had to seek for help and i saw so many good testimonies about this man Dr Ultimate and i decide to contact him and explain my problem to him and he assured me of good result.After two days of my contact with Dr Ultimate my husband came back with apologies. Today i am also sharing my testimonies and experience about Dr Ultimate which is so wonderful and i will never stop publishing his name so that who ever that is going through breakup and problem in their relationship should also contact him { ultimatespellcaster4@gmail.com } Site: http://ultimatespellcaste.wix.com/mysite

      Delete
    2. My Name is Debbie Gibson, i'm very grateful to this man Dr Ultimate Spell Caster for helping me bring back my husband’ after he abandoned me for six months with pains and tears in my heart. Before the breakup, he usually insult and see nothing good in me and any thing i do, i felt as if i was cursed. my friends advised me to let go but i couldn’t because of the love i have for him. So i had to seek for help and i saw so many good testimonies about this man Dr Ultimate and i decide to contact him and explain my problem to him and he assured me of good result.After two days of my contact with Dr Ultimate my husband came back with apologies. Today i am also sharing my testimonies and experience about Dr Ultimate which is so wonderful and i will never stop publishing his name so that who ever that is going through breakup and problem in their relationship should also contact him { ultimatespellcaster4@gmail.com } Site: http://ultimatespellcaste.wix.com/mysite

      Delete
    3. My Name is Debbie Gibson, i'm very grateful to this man Dr Ultimate Spell Caster for helping me bring back my husband’ after he abandoned me for six months with pains and tears in my heart. Before the breakup, he usually insult and see nothing good in me and any thing i do, i felt as if i was cursed. my friends advised me to let go but i couldn’t because of the love i have for him. So i had to seek for help and i saw so many good testimonies about this man Dr Ultimate and i decide to contact him and explain my problem to him and he assured me of good result.After two days of my contact with Dr Ultimate my husband came back with apologies. Today i am also sharing my testimonies and experience about Dr Ultimate which is so wonderful and i will never stop publishing his name so that who ever that is going through breakup and problem in their relationship should also contact him { ultimatespellcaster4@gmail.com } Site: http://ultimatespellcaste.wix.com/mysite

      Delete
    4. My Name is Debbie Gibson, i'm very grateful to this man Dr Ultimate Spell Caster for helping me bring back my husband’ after he abandoned me for six months with pains and tears in my heart. Before the breakup, he usually insult and see nothing good in me and any thing i do, i felt as if i was cursed. my friends advised me to let go but i couldn’t because of the love i have for him. So i had to seek for help and i saw so many good testimonies about this man Dr Ultimate and i decide to contact him and explain my problem to him and he assured me of good result.After two days of my contact with Dr Ultimate my husband came back with apologies. Today i am also sharing my testimonies and experience about Dr Ultimate which is so wonderful and i will never stop publishing his name so that who ever that is going through breakup and problem in their relationship should also contact him { ultimatespellcaster4@gmail.com } Site: http://ultimatespellcaste.wix.com/mysite

      Delete
  2. I want to use this golden medium to appreciate Dr.Bola a great spell caster for helping me retrieving back my relationship with my ex boyfriend when he ended and turned back on me for quite a long time now.I embarked on a search online for a solution to my problem because i love him so much that i will not let anyone to take him out of my life,luckily for me i met dr Bola who performed a spell for me and within 48 hours after the spell had been cast I receive a text from my ex saying that he is sorry for the pains and tears that he had caused me and that he will not do such thing to me again in his life. I was surprised but later accepted him back again. Anyone that is in the same line of problem or different one that want to contact a spell caster should happily email him: drbolaspellcaster@hotmail.com or Call him through his mobile number +2348059723809,I am so happy Using this post to say a big thank you and to also encourage people to contact Dr.Bola for help his email:drbolaspellcaster@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello everyone i am so happy to share my testimony on how i was able to get back my husband around June 2015 with the help of Pa Oba website: http://obastarspell.webs.com. My husband left me and my kid for over Eight Months and went on with another lady and i was unable to move on with my life because of the love i have for him, On one faithful day i saw a testimony on the internet on how PA OBA help someone with love spell and so many other testimonies, so i never believe it but just have to try my faith which i did and i contacted him through his website and he told me what i need to do and after 21 days i received a call from my husband asking for forgiveness to come back to him, it was all like a dream to me, i am so happy now as we are back together again thanks to Pa Oba and i will advice anyone in need of help to contact him via obastarspell@gmail.com or visit his website http://obastarspell.webs.com, You can also Call Pa Oba on +2340769722197.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is good when you have your love ones around you, I am saying this because when i had issues with my lover i never seen life as a good thing but thanks to Dr. Ogudugu of OGUDUGU TEMPLE, for helping me to cast a spell that brought my lover back to me within the space of 48hours. My husband left me for another woman after 7YEARS of marriage,but Dr.Ogudugu help me cast a spell that brought him back to me within 48hours. I am not going to tell you more details about myself rather i will only advise those who are having issues in there relationship or marriages to contact DR. OGUDUGU TEMPLE through these details via;
    (GREATOGUDUGU@GMAIL.COM) or call him on (+2348142250751).

    ReplyDelete


  5. My Name is ALEX HARRIS, From USA. I wish to share my testimonies with the general public about this man called Dr (Dr OSUKO) has just done for me , this man has just brought back my lost Ex HUSBAND to me with his great spell POWER, I was married to to HARRIS my husband we were together for a long time and we loved our selves but when I was unable to get pregnant for him, he left me and told me he can’t continue anymore, i was heartbroken, after 1 week my husband moved in with another woman, then I was looking for ways to get my Ex HUSBAND back until a friend of mine told me about (Dr OSUKO) and gave me his contact email: osukospelltemple@gmail.com then you won't believe this when I contacted this man, within 3days Dr OSUKO bring back my Husband and also cast a pregnancy spell for me that help me get pregnant with my first child after 10 years of marriage. Dr OSUKO did a thing of surprise in my life within 3day by bringing back my husband. Am the most happiest woman on earth, All thanks and appreciations to HERBAL DOCTOR for putting a smile on my face. My friends out there contact; osukospelltemple@gmail.com. Dr OSUKO CAN AS WELL CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASES: 1. HIV/AIDS 2. HERPES 3. CANCER 4. AUCER 5. DIABETES 6. HE ALSO HAVE SPELL TO BRING BACK YOUR EX Email; osukospelltemple@gmail.com. Thank you very much for your great work..

    ReplyDelete

  6. I had doubts about magic spells after purchasing many spells that never worked I actually decided to never buy a spell again. I have tried different spell casters..Some of them never answered me after I paid and were obvious scammers, some really cast a spell but for some reason it didn't work. Then I saw a video on youtube with a person who was mentioning she had results with Mama Anita. Despite the suspicions I had her site looked real so I gave spells a last try. It's probably the best decision I ever made in my life because it worked and my boyfriend came back with me After I broke up with him I spent a lot of time wishing that I could just turn the clock backwards.He helped me do just that. In fact our relationship feels like the break up never even happened. We have never been this happy or passionate, all thanks to mama anita. If you're looking for a good spell caster look no further,you can contact her straight on (magic.lovespel@reincarnate.com).or (mama.anitaspellcraft@hotmail.com).

    ReplyDelete